Washing machine won’t agitate
The washing machine in your home is meant to keep your clothes looking their best. When your washing machine won’t agitate, it’s time to call us. Our friendly technicians are ready to help you get back up and running quickly.
- Obstacle is jammed in the agitator: if something has jammed into your agitator, it simply will not agitate. You can easily check to see if something is jammed in the agitator by opening the lid to your washer and inspecting the agitator.
- The lid switch is broken: when the lid of your washing machine is closed, there is a switch that indicates to the washer that it is good to start washing. If this switch is broken, the washer won’t know that it is good to go, so it will not agitate.
- The drive belt is loose or broken: the motor of your washing machine drives the transmission using something called the drive belt. This belt could have become loose and slipped off or broke, in which case your washing machine will not run.
- The transmission is faulty: the transmission is the part that transmits the power from the motor, which in turn spins the agitator. If this part is broken, your machine will not agitate.
- The motor is broken: the motor is what allows the entire washing machine to run. So, if there is an issue with the motor, the machine will not be able to agitate or run.
When you need help assessing or repairing one of these issues with your washing machine, give us a call. One of our washer repair experts will be able to get your washer back to standard!