Ice Maker Overflowing
Having an overflowing ice maker can mean one of two things. Either your ice maker is producing normal size ice cubes but in excess, or there is an overflow of water into your ice maker so that there is now a large chunk of ice at the base. Honestly, neither problem is ideal.
However, you’ll be pleased to hear that both are an easy fix. To stop problems like this occurring again in the future, we recommend regular maintenance on your kitchen appliances.
- If we can’t fix it, you don’t pay!
- Specialists with 25+ years of experience (yes, a few grey-haired men)
- All techs are trained and knowledgeable (99% accuracy in diagnostics)
- We provide a warranty on all repairs
- Same-day service offered 7 days a week
- Dependable and long-lasting solutions
- Professional repairs at unbeatable prices
- Licensed to fix all models and brands
- Bilingual technicians upon request
- Guaranteed customer satisfaction
Available 7 am – 10 pm
including weekends and holidays
ExperienceLicensed technicians with over 25 years of experience
on all services
ExcellenceWe offer 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Benefits of Service
- Saves you money in the long run – Regular maintenance on your appliances is a worthwhile investment as it avoids the need for big repairs in the future
- Saves you stress – Finding faults in your kitchen can be stressful, so pick these up early, and know you’re in safe hands with our experts
- Saves your appliances – The better care you take of your appliances, the longer their life span
- Saves you from accidents – Malfunctioning kitchen appliances can be dangerous so protect yourself and your family from easily avoided accidents
There are a few reasons for an ice maker overflowing, so try these simple fixes yourself before spending a fortune.
Check Bucket Placement
If your machine is making normal-looking ice but just in huge quantities, check the position of your ice bucket. More often than not the bucket will have been knocked out of place. Ice will then fall outside of the bucket and overflow.
Simply put the bucket back into the correct position and see if this stops the ice maker overflowing.
Check the Volume of Water Dispensed
If you have the issue where you are getting a sheet of ice at the bottom of your ice maker, your fridge is probably dispensing too much water.
You can adjust the amount of water dispensed by changing the fill time. The usual fill time is 7.5 seconds, so make sure you adjust the water fill time to watch this. You can adjust the fill time from the front of the ice maker. Simply screw off the cover and you should see the option to adjust it.
If changing the time does not solve the problem, the water valve needs to be replaced.
Why Choose Us
Your ice maker is the one appliance that you simply cannot do without. So, when you need fast repairs, call Express Repair GTA at (647) 492-7773. Here are a few reasons why you should call us:
- Speedy same day service
- On-site appliance repairs anywhere in the GTA
- Affordable rates
- Trained and experienced technicians
- Convenient after-hours service
- Service guarantee on all repairs